WAVEPulse Sterilization Device
- Three issues U.S. patents. U.S. and foreign patent pending.
WAVEPulse Sterilization Device fragments proteins, providing a high level of sterilization, disinfection, and deimmunization of organisms that frequently cause hospital-acquired infections at temperatures that are compatible with heat-sensitive devices.
Challenges in sterilizing medical devices
- Limited efficacy of low-temperature disinfection processes
- Failure to achieve sterilization due to residual pathogens and limited effectiveness of current methods
- No effective methods to destroy stable proteins (e.g., prions)
- Liability risk on the part of healthcare providers and equipment suppliers
Protein destruction delivers sterilization
- New technology – combines microwave, heat and non-toxic solvents
- Fragments proteins
- Repeated, consistent and superior bench testing results
- 10-10 Sterility Assurance Level (SAL)
- Anthrax surrogate sterilization (spore of greatest resistance)
- Prion destruction
WAVEPulse Sterilization addresses the common problems of equipment cross-contamination and incomplete disinfection that contribute to approximately 100,000 U.S. based HAI-related deaths annually.
- Automatic Endoscope Reprocessing
- Surgical device sterilization
- Surgical system sterilization
- Reprocessing of single-use devices